Office/Studio Redo!!

Friday, February 24, 2012

Mr. Right and I shared an office in our house for a few years. About two years ago he moved into the old playroom. And I got my "Mom Cave". 

And it was a cave.

Dark trim, dark floor, dark fireplace. The epitome of blah!! It was nice for a while but then I accumulated a lot of fabric, paint, machines, and stamps.

My name is Tiffanie Doyle, and I am a Craftaholic!

Whew!

The first step is admitting it.

Right?

Yeah, It's not going to help me one bit. 

So here is my mess of a studio/office.


I swear I am more organized that this in the rest of my house. 

Seriously!

There was so much stuff in there that I couldn't think straight. 

That and I had no idea what was in there. 

This room is used to run Ignite Interactive, a web design firm that Mr. Right and I own, and an Etsy shop ( Marie & Rose ). The latter of the two got pushed to the back burner because I had no room to move anymore. 

You can't see it from that angle but there were four doors in that room. 

Four!!!


Look at this mess! I should seriously be mortified that anyone has seen this.

See that brown door on that back wall. That led to my bedroom. 

Why, is all I can say.

This house is about 100 yrs old and there are doors everywhere!

I attempted to paint the main door but didn't have any primer. UGH! I know. Who paints a dark wooden door without priming it first?

Ummmm . . . .

Me?

So out went the door to our bedroom, trim painted, room cleaned out, trash thrown away, unwanted bulky furniture sold. All in about three weeks .  

I seriously could not have done this without Breanna Griffen, of Hiffen Organizing!! It would have taken me months to do this on my own. She pushed me to get things done immediately. Something I really needed. 

She taught me a lot and she says that she learned so much about organizing a craft studio. One tip that has stuck in my mind was to have a Good Will trash bag ( one of those black industrial ones). Keep it in an inconspicuous place and fill it with your unwanted items. When the bag is full, immediately put it in your car to take to Good Will. 

I had Closet Rejuvenation come out and install cabinets on two walls of my room. And they did such an awesome job! It was exactly what I needed to keep my things out of the way yet accessible. 

Want to see the new space?

Of course you do!!!


See!! More organized! 

Oh Yeah!




This is the view from the side door to the front porch

Oh Yeah! I have a private entrance!

Notice what's missing?

That door to my bedroom. 

Love it!



The view from the door at the main hallway.



And my sweet boys putting my room to good use!

They even have there own shelf of crafty goodness. They have become pros at putting there stuff back where it goes. This momma is so proud!

And I'm able to think in here, blog even, and get my butt in gear with my Etsy shop. Not to mention meet clients, do training, and have craft night with the girls!

Thanks again Hiffen Organizing and Closet Rejuvenation for the help and the push I needed to be more organized!

Now I can continue to Make Life Creative.



Linking up here:

Whipperberry

Redoux

freckled laundry



3 comments:

Candice said...

Wow...your room is beautiful!! Great job! Here from whipperberry.

Breanna said...

Love the Blog site Tiffanie! Thank you for the great input for Hiffen Organizing. Completing this project for you was a true joy! Good luck with the other business endeavors. You are cetrainly one creative craft woman!
Breanna with Hiffen Organizing

Jill ~ Jillify It said...

Love the room!! I would love it if you linked up at my party going on now! (It's my very first one!!)

Jill
www.jillifyit.com

Post a Comment

I love hear your suggestions, questions, comments or just what you are working on at the moment. So Please comment!

ShareThis

 
Design by Deluxe Designs